Wednesday, October 6, 2010

How I got Into Trigger Point Therapy- Part 5


Finding The Workshop

I went home and Googled Claire Davies, the author of the Trigger Point book to see if he taught any workshops. It turned out that Claire had died that year, but his daughter Amber had taken up his work, and was teaching a weekend workshop in Kentucky… in three days. I had one day to find a cheap motel room, get the oil changed and buy traveler’s checks, and one day to drive seven hours.

When I called Amber to register, she said that the workshop was designed for trained massage therapists, physical therapists, doctors, etc. I’d only been in school for two months and hadn’t even done my clinicals yet, meaning, I’d only practiced massage therapy on other students, not on the general public. I gulped hard and told Amber this, and she said to come anyways. 

Since This Is Small, I'll Continue It Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment