Saturday, October 16, 2010

Don’t Have That Luxury- Part 1


Don’t Quit your Day Job

Every entrepreneurial blog I read strongly suggests that if you want to create your own work out of your hobby or current work skills, that you take it slowly and don’t quit your day job until you can replace your current paycheck. They also suggest having at least six months worth of income saved up for emergencies.

While I would certainly agree that is a wise position to start from, due to a lot of really stupid decisions that started in my early twenties, I don’t have that luxury. I’m starting this journey to financial independence from the position of a lot less than zero, with no paying job for the last two years, and little prospect of getting one. The way I see it, I have nothing to lose. 

Part 2 Starts In Two Days

No comments:

Post a Comment