Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Don’t Have That Luxury- Part 3


Guess What?

Well, I graduated nine months later with high grades, along with about twenty other people, and guess what? I couldn’t find a job. Not that I put that much effort into it once I figured out how hard it would be to find one. I wasn’t going to “humiliate myself” by begging for a job; they were suppose to come begging to me. If they were too stupid to see my obvious genius, then I’d just stay home and watch TV all day. 

That got little boring after awhile, so when I heard another radio ad, this one for a truck driving school, I thought, ”Why not?” It only lasted six weeks, and they showed me a list of trucking companies who were waiting for new drivers. Well, truck driving isn’t glamorous like being a paralegal, but I’d make a whole lot of money, and not have to work to find a job. 

There was just one little problem; I couldn’t get the hang of driving the stupid things. I ran over every corner I came to, which is a big no-no, and could not back that sucker up to a loading dock without jack-knifing it to save my life. Needless to say, I couldn’t pass the final driving test to get my license, but still had to pay the full tuition. So, I again ended up in front of the television. 

The boyfriend did try to talk to me about finding a job, but it was easy enough to take his mind off of it with a little well placed rubby-rubby, if you know what I mean. It took a few more months before he finally got sick of my nonsense, and bought me a one-way bus ticket back to Michigan. Once there and living with my mom, I figured out that one of those last rubby- rubbys had “worked,” and I was three months pregnant. Surprise surprise. So, I went down to my local Welfare office, found an apartment for my new little family member, lived very frugally on my military disability check, and defaulted on both student loans also.

Still More Stupidity In Two Days

No comments:

Post a Comment