Friday, January 7, 2011

Goals For My Health


Marly’s Goals For 2011

I’ve never seriously written down goals for things I wanted to accomplish before, because I’ve always just done whatever was easy and/or fun, which of course, is how I ended up in this situation, (see the “Don’t Have That Luxury” series through the middle of October for more details) in the first place.

While it’s been coming on for a few years, this is the first year that I’ve seriously wanted to grown up and take responsibility for myself and for my financial situation.  There are so many things that I want to accomplish; publish some books and teach. I want to encourage young adults to stay on a sane path, so they won’t get ham-strung by stupid mistakes like I did. I want to build the blog, tell stories professionally, and build myself a large local family this year. But I won’t be able to accomplish any of that very effectively if I can’t improve my health and energy level. Everything else depends on being well, so let’s start with the physical goals for 2011.

1 comment:

  1. Hear, hear! You have to have physical health first or your body won't be able to do all the cool things you want to do. I, too, have learned that the hard way...and this WILL be the year I lose the weight and keep it off; this WILL be the year I gain the habit of lasting strength and the energy that springs from it. So, far, exercise videos have been good friends....and some stream directly on my computer from Netflix!

    Looking forward to cheering you on as you reclaim your health!

    ReplyDelete